Epic Mountain Express Airport Ground Transportation History
Information about Epic Mountain Express, formerly Colorado Mountain Express
Since 1983, Colorado Mountain Express, now Epic Mountain Express, has been the premier year-round ground transportation company has been offering service from Denver International Airport and Vail Eagle County Airport to Vail (locations in and around Vail, Beaver Creek, Avon and Edwards) and Summit County (includes Keystone, Breckenridge, Frisco and Silverthorne) for ski and snowboard and other mountain resort experiences. The company offers four primary types of service, including door-to-door shuttles, point-to-point shuttles with centralized drop-off at transportation hubs, private chartered vans and premier luxury privately chauffeured vehicles. The vehicle fleet consists 12-passenger vans and luxury SUVs, and currently transports approximately 350,000 resort guests each year.
- EME has provided excellence in mountain travel for over 35 years.
- EME has driven over 100,000,000 miles.
- EME has driven farther than the distance to the sun! = 92,955,821.
- It is 238,857 miles from the Earth to the moon, which means EME has driven to the moon 418 times!
- The circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,901 miles. We have driven around the earth at the equator 4,015 times.
- It is 118 miles from Vail to Denver International Airport (DIA). We have driven to DIA 847,457 times.
- Every year over 420,000 travelers sit inside a EME van, this is equivalent to filling Coors Field 8.3 times!
- Given that Riva Ridge ski run on Vail Mountain is 4 miles long, we could have skied this run 2,500,000 times with the miles we drive annually