Planning to Ski in Colorado?
The time is now to book your Airport Transportation - The SNOWDAY Sale Ends January 24, 2019. This sale is good for travel from January 26th through the ski season. With a winter in full swing, abundant snow, and activities for all, Colorado is calling and a “Snowday” is needed.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for the mountains of Colorado, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, Aspen and Snowmass.
Denver International Airport has made the decision to close the airport as of 12:22pm today, 3.23.2016, until further notice. CME will suspend all pickups from the resorts to DIA after 1:30 pm today due to this closure. When Pena Blvd and other West Bound I-70 traffic opens, CME will transport guests who are currently at DIA to the Mountains, pending passable roads. For guests booked for pickup today after 1:30 pm, CME can re-book your shuttle for tomorrow or receive a refund.
On Tuesday, Mar. 8 CDOT has announced there will be a daytime closure to all traffic from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. through Glenwood Canyon. This will impact Colorado Mountain Express’ schedule between Aspen/Snowmass and the airport.
Colorado Department of Transportation has re-opened Glenwood Canyon for travel. After multiple rock slides closed the road, and then bad weather delayed repair work, the road is now open 24 hours/ day.
Latest information from Colorado Department of Transportation on Glenwood Canyon and how CME’s operations are impacted can be found in this post.
Glenwood Canyon has been reopened by Colorado Department of Transportation on an extremely limited basis. The current plan implemented by CDOT is to open one lane of traffic from 4 PM to 9 AM, with a pilot car guiding cars in one direction at a time.
Per CDOT, I-70 is likely to remain closed at least until Saturday, 2/20, as inclement weather has created delays in crews’ progress bringing additional rocks down onto the highway and restoring safety. Colorado Mountain Express continues to monitor the situation with CDOT and will resume service between DIA and Aspen/Snowmass when the road has been deemed safe for travel.
During the Canyon closure period, CME will be taking requests from Aspen/Snowmass to/from Grand Junction airport on both our Charter and Premier services. We are accommodating a few reservations to Grand Junction and are planning to be ready for Thursday afternoon shuttles, with anticipation of Glenwood Canyon being reopened by CDOT.